Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Twice Born


Wow, there is so much on my heart right now, but I'm unsure I'm able to process it all. See, today is the day before "it" all started. Four years ago, my appointment for a regular OB check up was on April 1. That was the first time a doctor voiced concern over our child. So this time of year brings all of those memories back very vividly. Four years ago today, I thought I was carrying a healthy little baby. All that changed the next day and we started a journey into this new world for us. A world of brokenness, sadness, and heartbreak, but of incredible love, joy, and blessing as well.

As we began to learn more and more about our little one, we prayed and begged God to shine His light in all of this. We prayed for Him to use us, in whatever way He wanted, to bring glory to Him and for others to know Him better because of this.

We decided to be very open about our child, and our story. I started this blog to not only give medical updates on Waverly, but to include my Heart Thoughts as I process through this life as well.

One day, our friend from college Bobby called my husband and shared how he and his wife had been praying for us. He shared with Johnny what our story had meant to them, and how God had used in in their lives to call them into ministry, to reach out to others who were broken and hurting. We were amazed at how God was multiplying our prayers in that way! But that was just the beginning of their story....

A couple years later, Bobby and Shelly would find out that they were now being called to walk in this path as well, as their unborn daughter was diagnosed with Spina Bifida in utero. They opted to undergo fetal surgery to help their baby, and are now being featured in a PBS Documentary called Twice Born.

The show airs tonight, and we will be watching, likely with many tears. It comes on at 8:00pm (eastern). You can see more on the show here, as well as previews.

God is working. We do not always know what He is doing, or what His purposes are. As I mentioned, this is an emotional time of year for me, as each year I reflect on life. But I know that He is good. Still. Four years later the pain remains, but our Hope is greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment