Sunday, October 19, 2014
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
"Is this the name of it? Is this what will take her from us?"
I couldn't help but be gripped by fear at what had become a monster staring at me from my computer screen.
I have cried several times since then. The fear of this virus, that starts just like any other cold or sniffle but turns worse quickly. For children like Waverly, this is bad news. And I am scared.
But I am seeking to remember Who holds her, Who has numbered her days before she was even a twinkle in my eye. He loves her and His plans for her will be accomplished, whether that includes this virus or not, as well as the outcome of that.
Lord, help me trust You. Hear
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Thursday, August 21, 2014
This is how we spent our day. After a rough night with fever and one throw up, the doctor wanted to see her and then sent her on to the ER for X-rays, blood work, etc. She has aspiration pneumonia and is starting an antibiotic for that, in addition to the one she started last night for a new uti. Thankfully her oxygen sats have been ok although she's had a fever and high heart rate and respirations. She definitely feels bad but wasn't acting too sick so the PICU doctor agreed to let us take her home and treat her here. If she gets worse we will just call him and go straight to be admitted to the PICU. Please pray that she stabilizes more tonight. That her breathing rate and heart rate slows down. And that her oxygen remains good.