Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Hospital Stay

Well, we have completed our first hospital stay! Exciting, I know! We had an appointment at UVA on Monday with a neurologist up there, ended up being admitted for an extended video EEG, and came home on Thursday. I am too tired to post all the details, but the basic facts are that Waverly was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms (which I'd been suspecting for two weeks). So we decided on a treatment plan (again, more on that later) and started implementation of the treatment. She is continuing to have the IS, but we should see within a week if the new medication is working. If not, we'll try something else in another week. We will continue to be followed by the neurologist up there, so we'll be making somewhat regular trips to Charlottesville for treatment and consults.

I haven't slept well in three nights and have been up since before 3a.m. this morning, so that's about all I can muster for now. I will update soon with more details. Thanks to those who stepped in to help us in this unexpected hospital stay that was out of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment