Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Still inpatient

Waverly has made some progress the past several days but she is still requiring high flow heated oxygen and therefore is still in patient. She's gone from being at 100% oxygen at 4 liters to now at 40% at 3 liters. But she still has some progress to make. She has been much happier the past two days, but almost to her "manic" phase again where she just can't seem to settle down, which leads to lots of crying at night.

We've also tried her on the bipap today while here. She did ok on that at first but then got really agitated and had to stop that and go back on the high flow oxygen.

Please continue to pray that her lungs clear up. She still has a visible (via X-ray) mucous plug hanging on and an increased need for oxygen. Pray that her brain will settle out and let her rest.

I am feeling a little better. Please continue to pray for strength and health for us. I am terribly anxious about all the sickness around here (lots of patients with the flu), and about the exposure that we are getting, as well as Waverly. Please pray for our older kids also. My oldest in particular was really sad tonight and cried when I had to leave her at home to come back to spend the night with Waverly. It breaks my heart and I hate that our family is split up. I am also trying to balance my full time job on top of it all and honestly, I am just so tired. I keep thinking that if I can just make it through this week then that will be good. I'll have a whole week off to spend with my family. We really need that time together. I feel uncertain right now as to an expected discharge date. I was hoping within the next day or two but she is being slow to let go of this high flow oxygen so I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment