Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tidbits

I know many people follow, check on, read, or stumble across this blog.  Although we know many of you, I am sure that there are many that we don't know.  Some of you know us personally, or have met Waverly at some point.  But many of you have not, or will not.  This is for all of you.  But mostly, it's for me. 

I'm sitting here holding my sweet baby.  It's naptime, which means the older two are "resting" (although I hear an awful lot of activity going on up there!).  So I just get some concentrated time with my baby.  And as I was sitting here with her, I started recounting the little tidbits about her that I just love.  So, let me recount them for you.  Because she's pretty fun.  And sweet.  And so stinkin' cute!

Her eyes follow people when they are near, and will follow you even as you walk around the room.  She loves people.

She loves to be snuggled.  Especially laying on her left side held tight against you.

When I make a noise at her, she'll make the same noise back.  It's a certain type of noise that I can't figure out how to describe, but we'll go back and forth for several minutes sometimes.  I love these little conversations with her. 

She often turns her head when she smiles over and over again.

She still sucks on her paci so loud.  I love that she loves it so much!

Her little ears are wrinkled.  They're becoming less so, but still a bit wrinkled on the edges. 

Her belly is so big it often sticks out of regular shirts.  It's silly, and cute.

Her hair is still a little longer and thicker at the base of her neck, but it's starting to even out and even grow in some on the top.

She likes to listen to music.

She sleeps better with a little light in the room as opposed to it being completely dark.

She often has an awake period in the early morning hours.  This happened when I was pregnant too.  I'd wake up in the "middle of the night", and she'd be awake too. 

She likes blankets on her.

She makes people smile. 

I love how one of the things that I've learned these past months has been to slow down a bit and really take in everything.  When you truly view life as fleeting, you stop to notice the small things even more.  Not that I totally rushed through life before, but now it's even more intentional.  Thank you, Waverly, for teaching me, for being you, for having tidbits about you that I can treasure. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby. I know you treasure every minute. That's what these little angels teach us. It's the little things, the details that will stand out now. God has truly blessed us with these children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. love this. and love that you soak up the tidbits of that itty bitty princess!

    ReplyDelete