Friday, March 11, 2016

Perspective


I could be mad. The agency gave us official word that we would be without nursing care 2 days a week just days before that was the case. (Thankfully we had a conscientious nurse who told us herself a few weeks in advance.) It's a big rearrangement in our day and week. When we have no help for Waverly, one of us is housebound at all times. We can't just pop her in the van and run errands or take the kids to and from school. And because of her high level of care needed, and how many seizures she's been having recently, she required a lot of time and constant supervision. (For instance, today she has hardly been able to rest due to so many seizures.) 
But instead, I am choosing to be thankful instead of angry. Because it has given me a whole day at home with my girl. I've been able to sneak away and run downstairs to do some laundry. (Yay for clean sheets! I admit that doesn't happen often enough in our home...!) I've been able to open all the windows, diffuse some essential oils, and listen to praise music. I've been able to work on my business and help my team while never having to leave my house. Since I work from home, I am not in danger of losing my job because of not being able to leave the house from lack of nursing coverage. In fact, I'm able to still earn a full time income while being home and caring for her. I'm able to have views like the picture I took, watching her rest in between seizures. I'm able to sit and snuggle her while catching up on my reading for my Bible study tonight. (We are reading the book Anything by Jennie Allen-it's so good!) And just now, I was the one to be able to hold her and comfort her during yet another round of seizures. 
Yes, days like these are hard. And facing the possibility of doing this for a while can be overwhelming (I don't know how those of you without any nursing help do it!) But there is so, so much to be thankful for in the midst of this. I know at some point in the future, I would give anything to have this "inconvenience" for just one day. So today, I am rejoicing in the ability to be home with my girl and care for her, and all that means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment