Sunday, February 21, 2016

The Other Side

The Other Side
She quietly confided to a few of us that there were some concerns with her unborn baby. There were some markers of a syndrome. Then came the extra amniotic fluid. Another indicator that there was something wrong. And then the waiting game. 
I identified so much with the worry of what happens when the baby is born. How long will I have with my precious child? What will life be like with all the special needs? What if my baby is healed? 
And then she went into labor. 
And we waited. And messaged each other. And prayed. 
Friends in prayer are a powerful thing. 
And it hit me. This is what it was like on the other side. To be patiently waiting for news of what was to come. It was surprisingly hard for me. I wasn't expecting the emotions. 
And then that precious little one was born. Healthy and whole. 
And we all rejoiced with her. 
And I crashed. 
I was on yet an other side. Seeing what it could have been like. A new baby, an exhausted mom, typical normal stuff. 
But our story was different. 
Two different "other sides". 
Same God on both sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment