Monday, November 12, 2012

Change of Plans

I am just realizing that I didn't get around to putting on here that we were planning on heading up to DC Children's Hospital on Monday (today) to start Waverly on the keto diet.  Basically, we'd determined that she'd gotten so much worse so fast that we didn't have the luxury of doing it more slowly and needed to start her sooner.  So the plan was to go up to be admitted for the week.

Well, those plans changed quickly.  On Thursday I woke up and had terrible stomach pains.  At first I thought it was anxiety and stress, but when the headache, temperature, and chills started, I figured it was a virus.  By Saturday morning I was still feeling terrible, could hardly get out of bed (which is NOT like me), and was getting nervous about the trip to DC for the week that was looming 48 hours away.  Since I needed to know what to do and if I'd be ok to be 5 hours away from home alone with a baby in the hospital, I begrudgingly went to the doctor.  He immediately sent me to the ER, where I was diagnosed with appendicitis.  I had surgery that evening, and have been home since yesterday recovering. 

That's about all I've got for now.  I am very frustrated at this turn of events, as this was NOT in my plan, but am trying to trust God that His plan is bigger and better, even if it does mean that my baby is not getting the treatment I though she needed at this moment.  Please continue to pray that we are able to figure out a suitable time to try it again, and that God would sustain her little body until then.  She's been on prednisone again which has seemed to help alleviate some of the seizures, although she still has them all the time.  Also please pray for my quick healing and recovery.  I am not able to lift her until I fully heal, so that's very difficult. 

1 comment:

  1. My Thoughts are with you Cristen! Try to heal and feel better! My prayers and the prayers of my faculty and students are with you guys.

    ReplyDelete