Saturday, August 18, 2012

Just tired-Stream of Consciousness

It's been a crazy few weeks.  We've had lots of traveling (one trip to visit family that corresponded to a work conference for Johnny, and another trip to visit friends).  We've had sickness (some sort of congestion/virus for Waverly that's passed through Johnny and me as well) that turned into an ear infection for her, exposure to strep throat and croup, a new diagnosis for her (she's BLIND: I'll blog more about that later), and just some emotional things for me to deal with in the midst of all of this.  Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty weary these days.  There have been blessings in these weeks too: sweet time spent with family and friends; time spent together just as our family; wonderfully behaved kids on long car rides. 

Sometimes, I wonder if this is just old hat for people now.  They see Waverly out and about, see us dressed and put together, and assume everything is great and we're all doing so well.  But there are times when I feel like I am running on empty and don't have much left to give.

I am looking forward to fall and hopefully things calming down a little bit more.  We have one more trip this month for a cousin's wedding, and another one next month for a family event, and of course football games are coming.  I don't think we'll ever be bored!  I know all things considered, we are so blessed.  Waverly has been relatively healthy (read: out of the hospital), but there are times when I feel like we are just waiting to go back in (like with her UTIs).  I'm exhausted, yet not sleeping because there is just so much on my mind and I long for a break, but never truly get one since there is so much work in just arranging care for her and the two older kids.

But I am savoring the little things.  The times when Waverly fusses because she's tired and wants to be held, and then stops when I pick her up and nuzzles into me and drifts off to sleep.  Playing cars with my son.  Reading with my daughter.  Family walks pushing Waverly in her wheelchair or stroller while the big kids ride their bikes.  Quiet evenings on the sofa with my husband after the kids go to bed. 

Thanks for your sustaining prayers in all this time.  I know that those prayers, and God's good grace, keeps us going.  

2 comments:

  1. Dear sister in Christ and in heartache, I feel the pain, but also your strength in the Lord. Please know that I think of you and precious Waverly often. It will not be long and we will be with our Savior, who even now is wiping our tears and gives us His mercy each morning.
    Hugs to you,
    Katya Garland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just so relate! Feeling exhausted! The Lord sustains me! My doctor said this week, my blood pressure is low, a sign of prolonged stress and exhaustion. I can't imagine why?! Taking my vitamins and trying to get rest and enjoy these crazy days, phew. I pray you are able to do the same!

    ReplyDelete