Thursday, May 31, 2012

Preliminary Results and Seizures

We are waiting for the official report from the doctor, but the good news is that it looks like Waverly does not have kidney reflux.  There were a few other things of concern, some sediment in her bladder and urinary retention (she didn't fully empty her bladder once she did urinate).  I'm not sure what the plan is about those, so I will wait to see what the doctor wants to do. 

In the meantime, she had another big seizure last night.  It happened right after I fell asleep.  Nothing like being woken up to an alarm and running into your baby's room to see her blue.  I hate that and it happens too often.  I have emailed the neurologist to see if we need to increase her medication since it's been happening more frequently.  I'm pretty sure she was just exhausted from her day yesterday, even though she slept most of the afternoon and evening.  But those seizures are breaking through much too often, and she had a harder time coming out of it this time (as in, her sats were slower to come back up to normal and I was wondering if I needed to call 911 to get them on their way). 

Please pray that we can get these seizures under control.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment