Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Heart Thoughts-Fear

So this isn't going to be a thought-full, tear-producing, deep post. More of an honest post about the future, and a request for prayer. Because Waverly's health has been so stable (praise God!), I am afraid we've kind of tricked ourselves into how life will be. But I am scared that that all will change with the fall/winter and the "sick months". Last year we battled sickness for months and months. It seemed like it was one thing after the next, including the flu working through all of us (including a very pregnant me!). With Waverly, I feel like the stakes are so much higher now. If she gets sick, it could be really bad for her, and will likely end up in hospitalization at some point. It's almost like I can't imagine what that life will look like, since we have things kind of down pat for now. I know I should just be enjoying the sweet, lower-stress time we are having right now, and I certainly am. But lately I have been struggling with fear over what's to come. Once seizures start. Once sickness comes. The first pneumonia. The first trip to the ER. Hopefully all these are a long way off, but from the experience of others, it is to come, sooner or later. Please join me in praying for God's peace and protection. That I would focus on the good and not dread the future or the trials. That we would trust in His sovereignty over Waverly, our family, the timing, etc.

I am an Alison Krauss fan, and I love the song that she sings, "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow." The first part of it goes like this, and it's a neat reminder to me...

I don't know about tomorrow;
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from its sunshine
For its skies may turn to grey.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said.
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what lies ahead.

Many things about tomorrow
I don't seem to understand
But I know who holds tomorrow
And I know who holds my hand.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your family tonight. I love how honest and transparent you are on your blog about each step with Waverly and your family. Praying God is glorified. Sending love to you from the Vias in NC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristen, Grandma sent me a magnet that I look at and contemplate often. It says "Do not fear tomorrow - God is already there."

    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete